Thursday, June 5, 2008

I heart AC

I can't hide my affection anymore, I am in love with AC. It's so cool and soft on my skin that is barely holding my boiling insides contained. I am aware of the AC impact on the enviornment, and I wouldn't use it if I didn't have to, but, it's just so darn hot I can't go on living.
Well of course today it was cool outside, and I didn't need to get my new AC unit. But what an adventure that was. I got the best cab ride I have EVER had in my life, I was glad to pay for it all.
After a short day at work learning about "Customer Delight" which means being nicer to everyone, I walked down to the PC Richards in Union Square for their Memorial Day sale. Maybe we should tell them that Memorial day is over. But I'm glad that they were still having the sale because I got a deal. I looked at the units, checked the prices, and called my sister Kimmee so she could talk me into the cheapest unit.
The nice man was kind enough to bring the unit out from the back and ask me where I was parked. I told him the yellow car out front. We went to hail a cab at 4 and it was harder than I thought it was going to be. After a few minutes a cab pulled over and rolled down the window and asked where I was going. He was less than pleased with my destination and pulled away with what no one I know was ease. So it turns out that they can tell you no.
So I went back to the curb and the man waiting to put my new unit into the trunk and thats when the cab rolled into my life. This cabbie, however unpleased to be taking me so far uptown said he'd do it and be back before 5. I was like that is fine by me. then I noticed that he didn't have a card machine and I'm like we're going to stop at an ATM and he was a little annoyed and said do you want to do that now or later. I told him whenever he wanted to get paid.
And that is when the adventure started.
There was traffic everywhere, we were weaving, cutting cars off turning on hairpins getting on the highway making illegal turns to get off the backed up highway and then finally it was deemed that yes, Broadway was the best way to go. I did have to complement him on his mad skills behind the wheel. He took that as a sign to start in with the jokes, and I joked back. there was a short stop in front of a Bank of America so I could pay for the joy of this ride. And back into the flow of things we went. I heard things rolling back and forth in the trunk, I was hoping like the dickens that it wasn't my new AC unit. Then the cabbie started giving me tips on how to install my unit and he made sure that I could get it up the the apt.
After 30 minutes the unit was put together and in the window and blowing some cool air into the den of hades, aka my room.
And we lived happily ever after.

No comments: