Sunday, July 20, 2008

Why So Serious???


The Nolan's have outdone themselves yet again. The Bat Man was amazing, at first I was like wow, CB didn't bulk up for this one, that's ok, but we're still going to need to have a conversation about T3 (I mean, really?? That script better be kickin otherwise I'm going to have to find another Harvey Dent to believe in in Tinseltown.)

The script was great, let's talk about how well they did at portraying a crazy that doesn't care about human life and still keeping the flick PG-13.

And we need to give a shout out to Maggie Gyllenhall for making Rachel Dawes likable, but watch out for Catwoman (I'm thinking of submitting my head shot for that role)

Bale as always was great, the Bat's toys get cooler as the show goes on an the way it all comes together takes my breath away, that is when I remember to breath with CB is jumping off skyscrapers in Hong Kong without a parachute.

Ledger was great, amazing I don't have enough words to say just how he nailed the Joker. He was a little more open ended because you never really figure out how he got to be the way he is, this is one enemy that Batman didn't create.

Harvey Dent. In the other Bat movies I didn't really pay attention to him, what for? But Nolan's Harvey Dent, or should I say Aaron Eckhart's, was such a great guy, who in the end turned out to be human just like the rest of us.

At the end of all things the movie did depress me a little, but only because I want to be making these movies with the Nolans and writing a fab character that CB would want to portray. I do have a little something up my sleeve, so maybe I'll run into them on the street in NY and give them a little sneak peak and then the rest will be history...

Since I brought in the ellipsis let's talk about the lady at work who has a love affair with this gem but sadly uses it improperly... This drives me crazy. I mean come on, if you're going to be the one proof reading all our brochures, shouldn't you at least have your grammar down?? And while we're at it I just want to share one more thing, it's her love for sending emails and cc-ing like the entire office, in these emails she uses the word cannot at least once, but the sad thing is she spells it can not. I'm glad these things weren't on her resume, she might not have gotten the job...


PS the Coney Island bug made it on the National Health News Alert as some virus that is making its way down the state. I'm glad this only made me out of sorts and moody for 4 days, Sarah was betting it was a parasite and was going to put me through 2-6 weeks of issues. I think that is the last open water swim I do at Coney Island,

Go see the Bat, and do it on the IMAX

1 comment:

Stuart and Sarah said...

So I want to see the bat on the IMAX but can't do that till Aug. 1st. Snaps that is a long time to wait, but if you are going to see it large and in charge, the IMAX is where it is at. Good recap! Just enough but not enough to spoil the show.
Glad you are feeling better from the Coney bugg.