Friday, July 25, 2008

George Michael, via con dios, via the porcelain lights


Well, I'm sitting shiva again. George Michael, my beloved beta fish apparently had an appointment with the porcelain that he didn't tell me about. Sure, he was more abnormal than he has been lately, moody, refusing to eat when I entice him by rubbing the side of his bowl then jumps up to the surface and retreats back to the bottom of the bowl like a moody teenager. If he doesn't want to eat, then that's his decision you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. He did a lot of snubbing of my roommate too, I just thought they were in a fight. So I guess what I'm saying is he didn't talk to me much toward the end. He didn't blow me any fish kisses anymore... I guess there are some phases you just don't make your way through.

At the swim off, when dust goes to dust, and aqua goes to aqua, I had everything prepared and fitted George Michael with his porcelain casket, when it just sucked him up completely, waooossshh just like that without words, without warning he was taken from me. All the yelling at the toilet didn't bring him back, there was no regurgitation out of respect. The NY sewer system is just as tough as its streets.

RIP my sweet sweet fishy.

3 comments:

Stuart and Sarah said...

George hasn't been acting himself for quite some time, but that doesn't make the ending any better. Poor George.

Mendenhalls Unite said...

Its a sad, sad day...I know exactly how you feel, because my beta too, decided to kick the old watery bucket this weekend. Perhaps they were soulmates and were so intertwined that GM got sick, then Sonny Simon followed suit. We shall never know the reasons, but we shall experience the sadosity in full.

Different Perspective said...

I had no idea!! I'm so sad poor GM. The horror of not being online very often anymore, I'm so out of touch. I will wear black this week in memory of him.