Saturday, January 10, 2009

GOOD NEWS! As you know since I haven't posted since September and it was all just a rant and rave about my knee and all sorts of pain. There has been a breakthrough! The knee isn't swollen, and I can finally do stuff again. TGIF. And when I say the knee isn't swollen, I mean that as in I woke up today and the knee finally wasn't swollen. Now all I have to do is build up the strength and get rid of the knots and I'm golden. I sure hope my balance comes back some time soon. It's sure been good times standing in the subway, at times it was sort of like pin ball where I was the ball.

Some other good news is that on a lucky Sunday I came into a new turtle. Little did I know when I woke up that fine fall morning and headed to church that on my way home through Harlem I would come across, not a gypsy selling magic beans, but a chinawoman hawking turtles. 2 for $10. I was like lady, I don't have a tenner, but I do have a fiver! She wasn't into haggling, I think she needs a little lesson from the street vendors in Cape Town. The fiver got me a sweet little turtle and a terrarium the size of the fiver bill. In light of the short life of Sherpa I decided to let Darby earn a larger living space. After the 3 months that we've had together I think he's earned an upgrade. Although, he spends all his time sleeping. He's taking a sabbatical from his base jumping spelunking activities and just chilling. I just thank my lucky stars that I crossed paths with a street vending chinawoman in the middle of Harlem. I decided not to point out that one of us was in the wrong part of town, but when you think about it, maybe we both were.

No comments: