Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Remember the time I got pants-ed by the bishop’s kid? I do- every time I wear that skirt.

I’d have to say that is the best babysitting story that I have. The kids were sweet, but man they got riled up when it was time to go to sleep. The best part is that it happened 2 years ago. I wasn’t a novice babysitter. It wasn’t the first time I’ve had more than 1 kid to look after. It was however the first time I wore a skirt babysitting, it appears that I really did know everything when I was younger, but the older I get the dumber I get apparently. So here’s a heads up for the lot of you. Don’t wear a cotton skirt that slides easily on and off when you’re babysitting hyper girls, especially if you have to lift one of them into the top bunk leaving yourself open and defenseless on the bottom half. And really at that point what do you do? One kid in the air, the other rolling on the ground in humorosity convulsions, your hands in the air and your skirt at your knees.
I sort of equate this to buyer’s remorse. You go into a shop and you know you shouldn’t because most likely you’ll buy something, but you hope that all the cute stuff doesn’t look cute on you when you try it on so you won’t have to go through the battle of do I buy this or put it back on some random hanger in the shop? You win (your hands in the air) but the savings you’re supposed to be putting away go to a savings of clothes in your closet (your skirt around your knees). Sure the clothes are sweet and just add to your kickin style (kid in the air) but your laundry list of fall purchases could do without this kickin piece (the irony is the kid in snorting with laughter in a ball on the ground). I could call it savings, like I have savings, it’s just not in paper or electronic dollars. It’s in wool, cotton, poly and stretchy blends hanging on the rack in my room (that’s right, I don’t have a closet in my room, it’s down the hall and I can’t be bothered to go down there every time I get dressed. To be sure I can’t even be bothered to hang anything up that I take off in my room.)
So the question is what did I do with the little perp? I took her and her sister to the zoo, complete with zoo attire that would stay snug in place barring unforeseen incidents…

1 comment:

Mendenhalls Unite said...

Wouldn't it be skirt-ed? Since it is a skirt...