Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Retro TV with a new spin- the solution to really really bad new ideas.

Lately the city is littered with advertisements for a new tv show that was way cool in the 90’s, and when I say way cool what I mean is slightly interesting and on after 90210, which was really the cool show, and sadly enough has been redone as well with ultimately the same lack of quality. I mean come on, even Brenda and Dylan waited until prom and these kids are out there giving it up to everyone who looks at them twice. I think you know what show I’m talking about now, that’s right, Melrose Place. Now, we all know I’m never going to watch the show but that’s not to say that I don’t wish the show and everyone on it success. Which is why I wanted to offer them this marketing idea, they have a great start with pictures of the actors with their hands all over each other. I’m sure there’s some action packed tear jerking drama in the show too, but I think they’re aiming more towards the frat boys and sorority girls on this one.

Open scene: Cue romantic steamy music, camera scans apt complex courtyard, steam billowing up from the pool that sits in the middle of the courtyard. Cue actors to start steaming it up with their acting talent ie: making out.

Cut to a clip of Arrested Development GOB pitching ideas to Sitwell

GOB: “I call it F@#! City” (Extends hand for high five from Sitwell)

Cut back to steamy scene in the courtyard.

Cut to clip of Arrested Development GOB still pitching ideas to Sitwell

GOB: “How do we filter out the teases? We don’t let them in.”

And Scene.

Here’s to a great season.

1 comment:

Mendenhalls Unite said...

HAHAHAHA...I really want you to blog every day. Its v.v. funny and sometimes I just need a lift, ya know? Thanks for all you do.