Thursday, May 1, 2008

30 for 366 days

That's right. I'm just sitting here chatting with my sister Keeley, who litterally types the words out of my fingers before I can and we were like, what haven't we done?

Oh, blog. I think what really got us interested was the fact that we got to choose our websites and addresses. My first choice was taken, thanks fishoutofwater.blogger.com, but luckily for me I like those Kiwies in Flight of the Conchords. And much like Jemaine I find that I don't listen when i hum either.

But the really good news is that I get to be 30 for 366 days, thanks to leap year, it's not just one more day of potential winter. And you know what? I'm fine with it. Sure 30 started out with me throwing myself out of an airplane and free falling 41 seconds while strapped to the chest of a man I don't know, BUT there's no worries I have no problem with it, just don't prematurely age me before 31 actually rounds the corner. I'm going to relish the 366 sun rises and sun sets that are offered to me.

Just think of all those memories, like the ones that were brought up today on the few conversations I had about punching people in the face. Unfortunately I have never punched someone in the face. The closest I have gotten was slapping someone in the face with my foot in a water polo game while I went to cut of and then to the ball, bringing my foot up and making contact at just the right moment. Then there was the time I was punched in the face, again in the water by a girl I was defending. Is it wrong that I only had respect for her after her fist met my eye while she was swimming toward me???

I leave that to your judgment.

I'm late for yoga, I hope Bikram and Kel don't kill me.

No comments: