Monday, May 12, 2008

Cheap Thrills

So I met up with Kelerie who was on a mission, a mission for a deal in green in Target. She didn't get her green deal, but she did come out with all sorts of sweet finds. I on the other hand wasn't looking for deals, so while Kel was frisking the sales racks I found myself in the $1 section of Target, and who wouldn't want to look in the deals section. It was full of all sorts of summer fun, camping gear, picnic items, pool toys...Pool toys, that's where I stopped. 2 words, sling shot. Who passes up a sling shot for a buck??

Not this girl.

So I walked around the Target happy as a clam with my $1 sling shot and couldn't wait to get it home and use it. Oh, the hours of fun I was going to have with the plastic sling shot and the material slosh balls.

I forgot about it when I got home, because there was a fire a block away. Don't worry, I remembered it the next morning and went to shoot my roommate, and I pulled back on the string a smile spread across my face and SNAP, the darn thing broke.

If I actually had faith in the $1 products from the Target in the Bronx I would make the trek back up there for a replacement of my nifty toy. Sigh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about your sling shot. I tagged you on my blog.

Stuart and Sarah said...

I guess that is what you get for a dollar. Good thing for your roommate, you are lethal with your killer arm