Friday, January 8, 2010

Theres a bit of geek in all of us

I have a few favorite websites that I like to visit, and they're set up to give me highlights on my igoogle page. And here is just a glimpse why.

wikihow.com
A website full of useful information, anything and everything you've ever wanted to know how to do is there for you to read, watch a video, and try for yourself. The latest and greatest info it's given me was yesterday's post: How to gleek.
I know people generally learned how to gleek in jr high. But I could never get it down. So now, I have detailed instructions to finally learn how to do this fun party trick.
Well I came across this gem whilst at work so there I sat at my desk trying to gleek. Did I manage to finally learn the mechanics to achieve my lifelong dream?? Not as such. I think I actually hurt that gland that was supposed to secret to saliva because I was pushing too hard. Talk about no pain no gain.

wired.com
Now, I know what you're thinking. This is a geek magazine where it talks about programing and building better faster computers and bragging about what systems they have been able to hack. Well I'm here to open your eyes to this online magazine. It's full of information on very interesting things, does it deal a little with programming? Sure, but I don't read those articles. Not to mention the articles sometimes come out of left field and are funnier putting peanut butter on the end of a dog's nose and watching them lick it off. Case in point. Today there was an article that talked about traffic tickets in Switzerland. I don't recall the title but it said the fine was $250,000. I don't know about you, but I'm vair vair interested in finding out what traffic violation costs that much. Turns out this dude flew through some small town in his Ferrari topping the speed limit by 35 kph. Now first, you're an idiot for bringing that much attention to yourself and second, wait for it, traffic tickets are based off of a % of your pay grade. So he booked a $90,000 ticket. Then had the audacity to claim diplomatic immunity. To which the court fined him and now the ticket is $250,000. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Idiot. I'm sure he had the $90,000 in his wallet. In the end the law isn't as cold and hard as they come out to be. He has to pay half of the fine and the rest will be forgiven for good behavior.
Now, who would have thought this was in Wired??

No comments: